Launched by the Portuguese Authorities, the Golden Visa programme was specially designed as a fast track for investors to obtain a fully valid residency permit in Portugal, therefore allowing investors to move without restraint throughout all 26 countries with the Schengen States. The Portuguese Golden Visa Programme is flexible, easy-to-understand and incredibly straight-forward; its main aim is to attract foreign investment.
This is an extremely attractive residency programme for investors, as it does not require applicants to have a permanent residence in Portugal and it also allows family reunification.
3 possible investments that qualify for this scheme include:
- Property – the purchase of property costing a minimum of €500,000. All types of property qualify, including land, properties under construction, finished buildings, etc (this is the most common type of investment).
- Capital – the transfer of funds above 1 million Euros.
- Employment – to create no less than 10 jobs in the country.
How long is the Portuguese Golden Visa Valid For?
After initial issue, the Portuguese Golden Visa is valid for 1 year and is then renewed periodically every 2 years. After 5 years you can obtain permanent residency, and request Portuguese nationality after 6.
There are many benefits of this programme, including:
- The freedom to travel to all of the countries within the European Schengen Area.
- The right to reside and seek employment in Portugal.
- This programme is extendable to your family members, including children, your spouse and other dependent members of your family.
- You will receive access to all Public Services in Portugal, including the education system and health care.
- Very limited amounts of documents are needed to process applications; therefore they are dealt with quickly.
Requirements for Investment
If you are looking to apply for the Golden Visa Programme in Portugal with Peer & Co, you will need the following: Here at Peer & Co, our exceptional team can provide you with legal advice and information should you need it. Please get in contact with us and discuss your enquiries with the experts today.
If you are looking to apply for the Golden Visa Programme in Portugal with Peer & Co, you will need the following:
Here at Peer & Co, our exceptional team can provide you with legal advice and information should you need it. Please get in contact with us and discuss your enquiries with the experts today.
For more information about Peer & Co or to arrange your free initial consultation please get in touch with our professional team to discuss your enquiries today. We can even arrange consultations via Skype if you are not living in the Birmingham or Watford area.
- +44 (0)1215540565